Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Day of Lent

Here is a photo I took of my arm and my rosary. As some of you people may know, today is the first day of lent, and I've decided to give up chips. This is my first time doing this and I feel great doing it so far. But this sure raised some questions for me. What do other people see in this? I find so many people say, they don't think they can achieve it, or they don't want to do it because it never works, or they give up halfway through. When you think about it, that's what lent it trying to teach us, is to not be needy and selfish. Tell me... is lent for us? I don't think so. If it was then I could see why we would make this decisions. But that is the one mistake a lot of people make. If you don't believe in lent, don't do it. It's not a matter of HAVING to do it, you have to WANT to do it. So I tell you this, I'm not doing this for me and doubting whether or not I will succeed because I know I will. I know I will because I want to. All I'm hoping to do by posting this, is try to open some people's eyes, and maybe show them something they've never really thought of before.

2 comments:

  1. very true! thank you Oksana!
    I love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts, and nice picture.
    http://livs-loves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete